Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Review: Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta

Publication Date: April 23rd 2013
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Series: Lumatere Chronicles #3
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★
GR
There's a babe in my belly that whispers the valley, Froi. I follow the whispers and come to the road . . .

Separated from the girl he loves and has sworn to protect, Froi must travel through Charyn to search for Quintana, the mother of Charyn's unborn king, and protect her against those who will do anything to gain power. But what happens when loyalty to family and country conflict? When the forces marshalled in Charyn's war gather and threaten to involve the whole of the land, including Lumatere, only Froi can set things right, with the help of those he loves.

I've no idea why it took me so long to write a review for this book. Sometimes when I love a book so much, I find it hard to express the feelings in words. It's like I have a brain freeze, can't think of anything at all. Quintana of Charyn might not have a perfect cover but the book itself is perfect in every way. It was amazing and I'm so glad that I read it. This is one of the series that the story keeps getting better and better. And yes, Quintana of Charyn has climbed it way to my all time favorite list and will always have a special place in my heart.

If you're a fan of high fantasy, please read it if you've not already. It has an amazing world building, a good pacing, an engrossing storyline and fantastic characters plus it's fun too. Froi's family will for sure give you a good laugh. I loved the way they interact with each other. It shows how much they really care about each other. I don't want to say too much about what the story is about. Go in it blind is the best (don't even read the synopsis) just read and enjoy the ride.


No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...