Saturday, September 6, 2014

Review: Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta

Publication Date: March 13th 2012
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Series: Lumatere Chronicles #2
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★
GR
Blood sings to blood, Froi . . .
Those born last will make the first . . .
For Charyn will be barren no more.


Three years after the curse on Lumatere was lifted, Froi has found his home... Or so he believes...

Fiercely loyal to the Queen and Finnikin, Froi has been trained roughly and lovingly by the Guard sworn to protect the royal family, and has learned to control his quick temper. But when he is sent on a secretive mission to the kingdom of Charyn, nothing could have prepared him for what he finds. Here he encounters a damaged people who are not who they seem, and must unravel both the dark bonds of kinship and the mysteries of a half-mad Princess.

And in this barren and mysterious place, he will discover that there is a song sleeping in his blood, and though Froi would rather not, the time has come to listen.
To be honest, I was a little bit skeptical before staring Froi of The Exiles because of the shift in MC. And also Froi didn't give me much impression in Finnikin of The Rock so to read the whole book with Froi as MC was to me not like a good idea. Boy I was so wrong. I freaking loved this book. It completely blew my mind away. Just brilliant. I think I even liked Froi more than Finnikin. As soon as I started reading, I was hooked and couldn't stop reading. The writing, the plot, the world, the characters, wow, it was amazing. And if you are like me (didn't care much about Froi in the first book) this one sure will change your mind. As the story progresses, you will come to love him. Froi of the Exiles is such a perfect high fantasy!

There are a lot of new characters in this book but they aren't dull or boring. The twin brothers never failed to make me laugh. And not to mention the romance, because it's just so sweet (way more than the first book). Be prepare to swoon, guys!!! And no worries, it's not insta-love. It's slow but you can feel the chemistry and the tension. I don't know what else to say besides go read this book if you've not read it already. You sure don't want to miss out on this one. Trust me, especially if fantasy is your thing.



No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...