Saturday, September 7, 2013

Review: Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Publication Date: May 1st 2008
Publisher:  Dutton Juvenile
Pages:  272
Series:  Oh. My. Gods. #1
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★
GR
A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.
When Phoebe's mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe's plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uber exclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That's right, they're real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes: supersmart and super beautiful with a few superpowers. And now they're on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.

If you've followed my blog for a while you may have known that I'm obsessed with Greek Mythology. So I was super excited to read Oh. My. Gods. Besides it's by Tera Lynn Childs, I really love her writing style in Fins trilogy. That's why I had a high hope for this one even though I'd not heard much about this book.

It was indeed a fun read, Phoebe has a really good sense of humor. She will make you laugh like crazy. But sometimes I just don't really get Phoebe, like she said she won't believe him one minute the next minute she trusts him completely. AGH this just drives me nut, I can't keep up with this moody. The pacing really helps because if it's slow pacing I don't think I can and probably would have to quit in the middle.

Oh one more thing I wanted to mention is that I really don't like the mom. I usually don't care much about the parents when I read but the mom here is just selfish. The fact that she remarried out of the blue and moves the family to Greece is just too much. She should consider about Phoebe's feeling since it's a big thing. Don't just smile and say "oh guess what sweetie, let's drop everything and move to a new country"--->Hello, this kind of changing needs time to adjust and a lot of discussions.

Anyway  Oh. My. Gods. is hilarious. I like this whole concept about Gods' descendants but I don't think this book captures my heart. I'm debating about whether I should read the next book or be done with this series...

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...