Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Publication Date: April 30th 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages:  371
Series: The Sweet Trilogy #2
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★


GR
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?

I'm having trouble writing review for this book. It's not like I didn't like this book but because this book was so good and I have so many things to say that I don't know where to start. Also I'm worried that I would accidentally spoil the story if I go into detail discussing about characters. I try to avoid spoiler as much as I can but sometimes it's just hard to write a review for a sequel.

So as said, for this review I guess it will be a little bit vague. I love Sweet Peril more than the first book even though I was annoyed with Anna in the first few chapters. I don't really know why but when a girl likes a guy and then they act like a stalker because they can't stop thinking about him. Let me tell you  that it's just plain annoying and not one bit romantic. To be honest I thought I was going to dislike Anna if all she could think about was Kai and nothing else. However she's changed so yeah I guess she is ok for now, but not my favorite though.  About Kaiden, oh boy, he does know how to break a girl's heart no wonder Anna can't get out of his love spell.  He knows when to be soft and gives readers butterflies. It's hard to resit his charming (oh well duh he's a son of the Duke of lust). If you fall in to his spell, you're done girl, no way out. The romance in this book will make your heart melt but that's not all this book is about. Besides all the cheesy romance, there's also action part that can put readers on the edge. I think this book has more actions than the first one. A little bit of romance with a little bit of action, well Sweet Peril balances quite well, not too much of anything just perfect.

As conclusion, Sweet Peril is a successful sequel with its quick paced, and amazing characters (old and new). Definitely a must read!!!

1 comment :

  1. Sounds very good. I think that it's great that this book was so good. I will have to try to read the first one if I can.
    Thanks for the honest review! it was really fun to read!

    DaydreamerN.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...