Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: Goddess Boot Camp by Tera Lynn Childs

Publication Date: June 11th 2009
Publisher:  Dutton Juvenile
Pages:  264
Series:  Oh. My. Gods. #2
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★1/2

GR
Phoebe, who recently discovered she’s a descendant of Nike (the goddess, not the shoe), is finding that supernatural powers come with a crazy learning curve. Her stepfather, headmaster of the Academy for descendants of the Greek gods, has enrolled her at Dynamotheos Development Camp—aka Goddess Boot Camp—with a bunch of ten-year-olds for the summer. Embarrassing as that is, hopefully it’ll help her gain control over her powers in time to pass the test of the gods, continue training hard enough to qualify for the Pythian Games, and enjoy her godly boyfriend, Griffin, all while avoiding the ultimate mistake of accidentally misusing powers. It’s another fast-paced myth-inspired heroine’s quest that’s sure to bring out the goddess in anyone.

Yeah turned out I read this one since I bought it with the first book so it would be a waste if I just let it lie around the house. And thanks goodness this book is better than the first one. The characters are more developed and the plot has more deep in it.  And I'd love and give this book a four stars if not because of one problemIt was the mystery. I liked all the intensity of finding the clue but when it came to the answer it was just not satisfying. It was not the fact that the answer was unclear but because it was so simple that I was disappointed somehow. Like I'd spent literally that much time, almost 2/3 of the book just for that. I meant. Seriously you must be kidding me. I wanted the resolution to be somewhat deep that would make me speechless.

Compared to the first book I think Goddess Boot Camp has a little bit more in the drama compartment but it won't dry you out because Tera Lynn Childs has mixed it with humor. So as turn out it is enjoyable and light read. I don't know if there are more books in the series since there are still some unanswered questions but  I guess I'm done with this series now. Yes even though this is one of my favorite genres (Mythology) but I just lost my interest that's all.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...