Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Author Info: website
Release Date:
March 13th 2012
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Series: Hex Hall #3
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★
Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?
                              
This is the last book in the Hex Hall Trilogy and this one is my favorite of them all. The ending in the second book was a great cliff hanger so I had to read the third book right away. I finished this book in one sitting since this book has all the elements I am looking for: romance, fun and action. Sophie is a kickass character, she is strong and funny and I loved her so much. The plot is interesting because I had no idea or could predict what was going to happen. I had to keep reading to find out and got surprised every time I turned the page. One thing that I can tell without giving too much away is that be prepared because this book will surprised you ALOT and I meant it. Sit back and enjoy the ride, my friend. And at the end you will see that everything fits so perfectly, no hole in the plot.

Side note: On the cover of all three books, there is always a black cat there and I have no idea why. I thought the cat maybe somehow a key to whatever it is but there is no cat in the book so why they put it there on the cover. 0-o

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...