Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton


Author Info: website
Release Date: January 24th 2012
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Pages:   370
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★½

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she’s returned—to her old life, her family, her friends—before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can’t find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there’s a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he’ll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki’s time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she’s forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole’s...

 The synopsis  is little bit longer than usual but take my advice, read it guys. It will save you from getting lost because  the book started off really fast. It went back and forth (before the feed and after the feed). Maybe this was the first time I read book that was written this way so it took me some time to adjust. Everneath is really fast paced and before I even knew I was almost done. I had to slow down because I did not want it to end and the second book is not coming out until 2013.

I should do this first but anyway let's take some time to appreciate the beautiful cover, shall we? I had to admit I bought this book before I even read the description and had no idea what the book was about. Yup I bought it simply because I could not resit the stunning cover. The cover is gorgeous and   it stole my heart right away. It did a wonderful job of getting my attention.

The storyline was so interesting and had a lot of twists. What can you expect, it's Greek mythology blended with the modern time. So yes it will blow your mind away with its AMAZINGness. I had a hard time choosing whose side I was on because I did not know who I was rotting for:  Cole or Jack. Can Nik have both? Jack is just so sweet and charming.  Cole is the opposite, a bad boy image but I  felt it, his feeling toward Nik was real. I have no idea why I felt this way but sometimes Jack's love was somehow too good to be true like it must be a mistake that Jack loved Nik that much at such young age. I admired Jack for what he did for Nik but I hope Cole and Nik can be together. 

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...