Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review: The Iron King ( The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa


Author Info: website
Release Date:
February 1st 2010
Publisher:
Harlequin Teen
Pages:  
363
Source: Purchased 
Rating: ★★★★1/2
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war.
Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

I did not know what was wrong with me that I did not read this book sooner. Where the hell I was in 2010, jeez I think I must be the last person to read this series.

This book is amazing. Once I started reading it, I couldn't put the book down even if I had to stay up all night and had zombie eyes in the morning.  The journey in the faery world was so capturing, it made my heart beat so fast that I thought it would have jump out of my chest. I admitted that few things in this book were kind of unrealistic to me such as I just don't know why Megan loved her half brother so much especially that his existence made her mother kind of neglecting her. Megan said that her mother would probably not remembering her birthday. Her step father ignored her, didn't care much about her. In his eyes all he cared was his son Ethan. But then at the end of the book when Megan was home, her mother told her that her step father was so worrying and went looking for her every night. Ironic and just so hard to believe right or maybe it is just me.

Anyway I can put that aside since the focus of the book is about Megan learning the truth about who she is and the journey to rescue her brother. Also after reading the book I have a different view on faery. I thought back then that faery is always good. But this makes me wonder: I have learned that

1. You cant never tell the faery your real name---why ? if they know, they will put a cruse on you or what, I have no idea.
2. Faery will never help if you dont give them something in return---to be more specific no free lunch here.
3. Faery will try to trick you so they can toy/or kill you for their interest---wow can I call them evil witch instead of faery?
4. Eating Faery's food will make you go insane----why? no idea
5. Never ask or show fear or they will know your weakness and take that to use against you...once again how we call them faery in the first place when they are pure evil 0-o



No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...