Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Review: The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey#2) by Julie Kagawa


Author Info: website
Release Date:
August 1st 2010
Publisher:
Harlequin Teen
Pages:
  359
Source: Purchased 
Rating: ★★★½
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere.
Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen.
But no one believes her.

             
It was a good read. It's just that I felt kind of annoying when Meghan cried whenever Ash was in the picture. I guessed I prefer a strong main character than the cry baby one. I like this book but compared to the Iron King this was not quite there yet. I felt like it's missing something but didn't know which.  Iron House was a funny character and I am sad that he was gone. I thought he was stronger and could kick some asses but I guess you need to be a lot more stronger to survive in the war. Ash's healing process from the iron sickness was unrealistic to me, not convincing I said. And the death of the first prince of winter court made my mind  saying WHAT. He couldn't even fight to iron knights even though he was a prince, a future heir of winter court. He was that weak, well that's sure surprising. Didn't expect it at all but I ignored all the details and just focused on Meghan's journey.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...