Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Review: Of Poseidon by Anna Banks


Author Info: website
Release Date:
May 22nd 2012 
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends  
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★★
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish.

Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts.
Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom


This is the first book in The Syrena Legacy. I don't know how many books will be but so far there are two: The legacy (#0.5) and Of Poisedon (#1). And I recommend to read the Legacy before reading this one so you will have a chance to learn more about the undersea and what is the gift of Poseidon.

Anyway back to this book, I read it in one sitting, that explained how good the book is right. I love it when the book is told from two POVs but this book gave me a little confusing on Galen's voice. It is in third person while Emma's voice is in first person. But I got used to it as the story went on since the plot was just so capturing. The pull (love) between Galen and Emma is melting my heart. It's not too quick like they confess their love right away and begin lovely dovey. But it's there and you can feel it. It is so authentic and the way Galen cannot take his eyes from Emma is just adorable. I love both Emma and Galen, maybe a little more for Galen though. Rayna and Toraf are lovely too. It is rare that I like side characters but what can I say, I think I am in love with everyone here.

So let sum up everything here: siren, romance and an amazing plot yup all checked. Indeed this book had made its way to my all time favorite =)

The ending was a BIG cliffhanger, I was in shock but I cannot say here because that will spoil the fun right. Just know that I did not expect it at all.

Spoiler below so read as your own risk
..
..
..
..
...
....
.....
......
........
..........
............

PS:  Because I read Legacy Lost, I just do not get how Nalia could  leave Grom and lived on land like that. Didn't they  feel the pull toward each other like Galen and Emma did?

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...