Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review: Catching Fire (Hunger Game #2) by Suzanne Collins


Author Info: website
Release Date: September 1st 2009
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Pages:   391
Source: Purchased 
Rating: ★★★★★
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.


Yes I knew I said that I would take a break and read some stand alone books before reading this one.  But it's just so tempting as the book laid there on the table. Besides the game was over right so there should be no more death and this would focus more on the relationship between Peeta- Katniss - Gale.  I was wrong, the first part of the book was like I thought (interesting to see how they acted especially when Peeta felt jealous) but the last two parts were not. The last two parts kept me on the edge the whole time and it made me feel so emotional. When Katniss had to enter the arena again,  I was shock and had to put the book down since I was not prepared for another deathly game. This time I just put the book down for few minutes because I was so curious  to see what's going to happen. At this moment I only cared for Peeta and Katniss to stay alive. But as I read through the book my mind changed and I did not want anyone to die. When all the attributes held their hand at the interview, this was so moving, I felt heartbroken more than ever.  The game was different than the last game. This time I felt friendship among them. As the book ended I wanted more and luckily I had the third book right next to me.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...