Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Mocking Jay (Hunger Game #3) by Suzanne Collins

Author Info: website
Release Date: August 24th 2010
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Pages:   390
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★½
The Capitol is angry.

The Capitol wants revenge.

Who do they think should pay for the unrest?

Katniss Everdeen

Now that I read all three books I can said that I fully understood the meaning of the cover of all the books. The designer is brilliant I  must said. Here's the reason:
After taking off the jacket (the hard cover US version) this is what you will see

*1st book* Golden Mockingjay with the arrow on the black background ---indicating the dark time of the world when parents have to send their children off to their death. It's terrifying and there is no way you can escape. You are trapped and have no control of your own life.

*2nd book* Black Mocking jay in the position to fly on the red background---indicating the rebellion to against the capitol and there would be a lot of sacrificing.

*3rd book *  White Mocking Jay spreading his wings freely on the blue background---indicating the freedom, the new world that will bring peace to the people.

Well let's talk about the book shall we? The first chapter only had 15 pages but I read it slowly. Not that it was boring but because Collins not only gave you the details of what happened to district 12 but it's like she showed it to us through Katniss's eyes. You could almost felt like you were there. The happy and relived feeling knowing that your family were safe from this disaster and the sadden feeling to see the place once was your home being destroyed and people you have known  were gone forever. No home and no place to return to, it's so frightened. 
I had a really high hope for this book since the last two book were so great and the first chapter was so beautiful written. However as the story went on I felt disappointed especially the last part of the book. Katniss became so weak that she didn't even control her emotion and people had to protect her over and over. As the story was near the ending I just did not feel the character. People died so pointless. I also felt nothing when Prim died. I just hated when Finnick died. I meant come on why you had to kill him off, to prove what, can you just let him live so he can be happy for once with Annie? The last three chapters I couldn't read anymore but just skimming through to see if Peeta and Katniss can be together or not. The ending (OMG) I totally did not feel the love between Katniss and Peeta, compare to when they were in the arena the chemistry just was not there =(

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...