Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review: Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman




Release Date: February 17th 2011
Publisher: Dial
Pages: 292
Source: Purchased 
Rating: ★★★★★
When high school junior Natalie-or Dr. Aphrodite, as she calls herself when writing the relationship column for her school paper-is accused of knowing nothing about guys and giving girls bad relationship advice, she decides to investigate what guys really think and want. But the guys in her class won't give her straight or serious answers. The only solution? Disguising herself as a guy and spending a week at Underwood Academy, the private all-boy boarding school in town. There she learns a lot about guys and girls in ways she never expected-especially when she falls for her dreamy roommate, Emilio. How can she show him she likes him without blowing her cover?


                                    
A fun, light and quick read. The story, the writing style everything I just loved it and  I couldn't stop reading this book. I had a really good laugh. What's a perfect summer read. I enjoyed looking at thing from different perspective. The issues that the book had brought up were so true since back in my teenager years I was wondering the same thing.
PS: For a little fun,  I will answer all the questions that the book had mentioned
1. When you're going to call and you don't, what happened?
I laughed a lot when I read this question since this was the first question I had about boys that made me so frustrated. It was no fun waiting for someone to call and felt disappointed when they didn't. Not to mention that I would go into the "panic mode" and kept asking "what's wrong?" " Did he forget or Did I scare him off?" Well, looking back I mad a laughingstock of myself there. Jeez my life won't stop just because he said he is going to call. So enjoy life and have fun. It's just a call,  what's so important about it right. So do yourself a big favor and dont stress out about this.


2. Why are you so different when your friends are around? Which one is the real you?
 I totally agree with the book. (read the book for the answer because I won't give u any hint)
3. What do you look for in a girl?
 I am a girl so I don't really know. However the key point here will be 
+ honest
+ confidence
+independent
+fun/ positive way of thinking about life/ not take thing too seriously
4. Is it true that guys  think about sex every 8s or is that just a myth?
I did not have this question back then since obviously this is a myth.

5. What's the surest way to tell the difference between a guy who's being sincere and one who's just looking to score?
RESPECT. See if he treats you with respect or not and trust your gut. Do not lie to yourself, and move on if you have any doubt.
6. What can make you lose interest in a girl overnight?
 Well let's see it this way. Guy like challenging and if it's so easy, nothing there to explore anymore. For sure he will lose interest. 

7. If you won't talk about your feelings, how are we supposed to know what they are?
The book had a perfect example on this. Emilio, the character, he doesn't talk much but by looking at his expression you can guess how he feels.



No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...