Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Evertrue by Brodi Ashton

Publication Date: January 21st 2014
Publisher:  Balzer + Bray
Pages: 368
Source: Purchased
Series: Everneath #3
Rating:
 ★★★★
GR
Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?

In this stunning conclusion to the Everneath trilogy, Brodi Ashton evokes the resiliency of the human spirit and the indomitable power of true love.

This cover of this book really bothers me. Her dress, for some reason, reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Anyway before I started reading Evertue, I was worrying that I couldn't remember every detail that happened in Everbound since it's been a year and that would prevent me from enjoying the book. But I was wrong, although Evertrue picked up where Everbound left off, there was hint here and there to refresh my memory without boring anyone who binge read this series. So I was glad that I got connected to the characters right away and the story was really addicting because before I knew it, I had reached the last page.

Cole, I loved him more and more as I learned about the other side of him, the caring, loving Cole. He made me laugh quite a few times. He does get a sense of humor. Actually, everyone in this book seems to all have a sense of humor which surprised me a big time. I seriously couldn't count how many times I laughed out lout because of what they said. It was really hard for me to choose who to root for, Cole or Jack and I knew whoever it was at the end, my heart would be broken for the other guy =( Jack is such a cliche in my opinion, his love for Nik is so much that sometimes it's just hard to believe it real and not some fairy tales story. One thing about this book that kind of irritated me was that everything seems to be so convenient. It made sense of what Nik and Jack have to do to bring down the Everneath (the logic side) but the way they process on how to do it is just so easy. It's like, you want this, ok all you have to do is say it and there you have it. 

The ending, sigh, all I'm going to say is that it's a logic ending. I didn't love it but I don't think it could be any other way. My heart just broke into pieces because I didn't think it would end like that. Oh my heart, it was so emotional that I couldn't stop crying.


No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...