Sunday, December 15, 2013

Review: Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

Publication Date: March 1st 2013
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages:  320
Series: Hundred Oaks #3
(Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.)
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★
GR
Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt--with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…

Note: Mature themes, sexual situations, religious discussions.



I love Miranda Kenneally, her books always put a smile across my face because they're such a cute, heartwarming story.  So it comes as no surprise that I loved Things I Can't Forget. I've to say that reading about religious views on love/virginity isn't my thing. And I think that subject isn't easy to address since everyone has a different opinion on that matter. But this book, even it has a religion in it, Miranda didn't over do it. It's part of the story because that's Kate's belief and nothing else (readers don't have to choose or get into a heated discussion about what is right and wrong with sex before marriage).

Like in all Miranda's books, the romance is so good, it gave me butterflies and I couldn't help grinning like an idiot. You just know it right away when you read this book because the chemistry between them is undeniable. It's just so adorable >.< And Things I Can't Forget isn't just about love but it's about friendship too. I loved the setting of this book because I never go to summer camp when I was young and it's just nice to somewhat experience it through the characters here. I know it's maybe not the same as the actual experience but at least it's better than nothing right. The characters are likable even though at first I kind of disliked Kate because she's just so judgmental on the sex thing. However it's not that bad that you will hate her on it and Kate will learn later that the world isn't just black and white.

Overall, if contemporary is your thing and you want a cute love story (with some hilarious moments) then check out this book or any books by Miranda Kenneally because she is an amazing author. =D

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...