Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Review: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner

Publication Date: Dec. 10th 2013 
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Pages: 384
Series: Starbound #1
(a series of companion novels)
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★
GR
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.

--

A timeless love story, THESE BROKEN STARS sets into motion a sweeping science fiction series of companion novels. The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy.

So many bloggers talked about These Broken Stars and you may wonder has it lived up to the hype? My answer is absolutely 100% YES. I'm freaking loving this book. I have a feeling that my review won't do this book justice because sometimes it's just hard to put all those feelings into words.

At first glance at the cover (or read the synopsis), you may think this book is just about the romance. Oh no it's more than that. The fun begins when Lilac and Tarver survive from the crash and find themselves on a strange planet. And let me tell you this book scared the crap out of me. You know the feeling when someone tells you that you may get frighten if you go there and you just laugh at them. You believe that nothing can scare you and go on ahead and then it happens. Oh yeah I was like that. I laughed (not really laugh but you get the idea right) at the whisper thing. But as the story goes on and the whisper becomes more than just a whisper I was like "O.M.G. did the temperature just drop or something." It really gave me the chills. This is one of those books when I read it, I'm so thankful that I were not there, on that strange planet with no civilization and with someone/something lurking around doing who knows what (creepy!!!!!).

I have to say the mystery is really good. And of course there's a romance, a GOOD romance that will warm your heart. This one will make your insides turn up side down. I know it'll happen eventually because it's not that hard to figure out that they both like each other. But still, I couldn't stop blushing and smiling when it happens. Lilac, girl you're lucky because Tarver is everything you can wish for. Totally swoon worthy (oh not to mention he's a poet---> how romantic, right?!)

Highly recommend!!!! Go read it now =)


No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...