Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Review: Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne

Publication Date: Nov. 15, 2013
Publisher: Lion's Quill Press
Series: prequel to Midnight Thief
Source: eARC was provided by the author
Rating:
 ★★★★
Paperback: Amazon
Ebook: Kindle (US) | Nook | Kobo | iBooks
GR
James is skilled, efficient, and deadly, a hired blade navigating the shifting alliances of a deteriorating Assassin’s Guild. Then he meets Thalia, an alluring but troubled dancing girl who offers him a way out—if he’ll help her kill a powerful nobleman. With the Guild falling apart, it just might be worth the risk. But when you live, breathe, and love in a world that’s forever flirting with death, the slightest misstep can be poison.

This is a quick and easy read even though it is packed with action. I liked it a lot because it gave me a glimpse into James's life and the assassin's guild. Even though it's a short story but it's enough to make me fall in love with James and his crew. The characters are well quite developed, I can go on forever about what I've learned about James in this short novella (what makes him join the assassin's guild in the first place and why or what makes him so strong). Seriously reading this book just makes me impatient to read Midnight Thief because I want to learn more about the world, the characters and their adventure.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this novella. And now I don't know what to do because Midnight Thief isn't coming out until July 2014 =(. How can I wait that long, such a torture. I just want Midnight Thief now, I want to get back into that world and to get more of James. SO fans of assassin add Midnight Thief to your TBR now because I'm sure it will be an amazing book and you will enjoy every minute of it =D In the meantime you can check out this prequel to get a little bit insight of James's life ;)

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...