Thursday, November 14, 2013

Review: Champion by Marie Lu

Publication Date: Nov. 5th 2013
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Pages: 369
Series: Legend #3
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★
GR
He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has. With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.
--If you've not read the first two books in the trilogy then this review may contain spoilers for you.--

At the end of Prodigy, I was terrified because of the news about Day. I was so scared to pick this book up because I didn't know how Champion would end: good or bad, would I cry? would it leave me heart broken? But I needed to know how it ended so I picked this book up and brace myself for the worst (you know since this book is dystopian, you may never know what would happen next, translation: who would die next). And yes I was sobbing because the last few chapters were just so emotional. Champion ended really well for a dystopian. The ending was so beautiful and touching. I don't think I can describe how wonderful it was. You just have to experience it for yourself. Trust me, you won't regret it. It is the kind of ending that gives me hope. It's so true that if you are meant to be together, you will find each other again.

I loved June deary in Champion, she's indeed a strong character. Her character has grown a lot from Legend. In Legend, I liked Day more because he's just more logical and not blinded by hatred or anything. However as the story goes on, June is the one that had my heart. She makes mistakes but she learns from it and stays strong. She keeps her emotional in check and not let it make her do anything that she can regret. She has to make a lot of hard decisions in Champion and my heart just broke for her. I just wanted to give her a big hug. Day, on the other hand I just felt bad for him, being tortured because of the past and his love for June. Between Day and June,  I think June has it harder. At least Day has Eden while June has no family left.

I don't know what else to say to convince you to pick up this series if you've not read them yet. Good romance, action packed, and a beautiful, moving ending that gives you all the feel---> you don't have to look anywhere because this trilogy is your answer.



No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...