Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review: Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

Publication Date: June 11th 2013 
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages:  419
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★1/2

GR
The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars series in Kate Karyus Quinn's haunting debut.

On a cool autumn night, Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished.

A year later, Annaliese is found wandering down a road hundreds of miles away. She doesn't know who she is. She doesn't know how she got there. She only knows one thing: She is not the real Annaliese Rose Gordon.

Now Annaliese is haunted by strange visions and broken memories. Memories of a reckless, desperate wish . . . a bloody razor . . . and the faces of other girls who disappeared. Piece by piece, Annaliese's fractured memories come together to reveal a violent, endless cycle that she will never escape—unless she can unlock the twisted secrets of her past.



First of all I just wanted to say that the cover is so beautiful, the red color is like blood...creepy but I love it. This is one of those books that you should go in blind so it can surprise you as you're turning the page. And I liked all the mysterious, creepy feelings but the ending just got me so confused. I read it again since maybe I'd missed something but then I still had no clue what happened at the end.

I think if I understood what was going on, I'd probably love this book.  'The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liar'----> it sounds like this would give me a good heart attack right but no all I got was 'confused' =(  The way the story is told is like a puzzle, it gives you a little piece at a time and you'd have to put all the pieces together to get the whole picture. I was quite surprised that I didn't like anyone in this book even the MC. Everyone is just UGH, not like they are annoying or anything but there's nothing to like that's all.

Since I can't stand not to know what happened, I asked people who already read it to explain it to me. So yeah now I got it but still I think I'd enjoy this book if I can figure it all of that out myself.  So would I recommend it? Yes, check it out because a) I think it's a good read for Halloween because of the eerie feeling that it'll give you b) it's indeed a strange read (at the beginning everything is out of place, you have to keep reading to know what is going on)--> totally out of my comfort zone but I think everyone should try it out at least once.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...