Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles






★★★½ 
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.
                                          
 If you are looking for a light, laid-back read then you'd come to the right place. This is a typical YA contemporary (a good cheerleader falling in love with a bad boy scenario).  So you can guess that this book is predictable but still somewhat enjoyable. FYI it's not really my taste though because I want to have the excitement of not knowing what happens next, to be left in shock or surprise of how things turn out.

Ok let's break this book into three parts: I enjoyed the first and the last part. The middle is just too much, I meant  Alex and Brit are so obvious to the point that they have a big sign above their head saying "I am so in love with you." I am usually enjoy this kind of love but I do not know why this time I feel kind of annoying instead. 

A little side note: I am so glad that I read this book at last. It'd been sitting on my shelve for so long and the reason that I'd kept delaying reading this book is because of the cover. I bought it because of the great reviews but somehow looking at the cover just burned out all my enthusiasm. I wish they have this cover (below) instead, still not a catchy cover but better than the one I have.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...