Saturday, October 6, 2012

Review: Ana Dressed in Blood (Anna#1) by Kendare Blake


Release Date: August 30th 2011
Publisher: Tor Teen
Pages: 316
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★★

                                  

This book is awesome. I love it so much and I do not know if there is any word that can describe how much I love this book. The cover is absolutely beautiful, true that it gives you goosebumps but there is something there that draws my attention to it. I know the girl in dress is a typical YA cover but this one is somewhat feel different right.  Anyway I like the cover a lot that I decided to bought this book in the first place even though I am not fond with horror story.

This is my first ghost book so at the beginning I did not know how I was going to react about this: love it or hate it or somewhere in between. After finishing Ana dressed in blood, no let's me rephrase it: after the first few chapters, I knew for sure that this book had won me over. The story is so capturing that I did not want to put the book down. This one had climbed to my favorite stack of the year. So am I now a fan of scary book? No not really, this one I can take but if it's pure scary/horror like it can give you nightmare the rest of your life then my answer is no. I think I will stick with YA horror book because I think it's less scary than adult horror.  OK back to this wonderful book, even though this is a ghost hunter book I did not feel scare at all. True that I was on the edge the last few chapters but to feel scare to the point that I have to sleep with the light on then my answer is no. I even laughed a few times through out the book. Anyway this is a really good read, a little but mysterious about Ana's death at the beginning. But it was solved as the book ended, not a totally cliff hanger but still give you the urge to pick up the second book to see what will happen to Ana and will there be a chance Ana and Cas somehow be together? I know it's impossible to be together when Ana is already dead but just my little hope.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...