Thursday, August 23, 2012

Review: The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1) by Chris Colfer


Author Info: website
Release Date:
July 17th 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers 
Pages:   438
Source: Purchased 
Rating: ★★★★½
Alex and Conner Bailey’s world is about to change, in this fast-paced adventure that uniquely combines our modern day world with the enchanting realm of classic fairytales.

The Land of Stories tells the tale of twins Alex and Conner. Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, they leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic where they come face-to-face with the fairy tale characters they grew up reading about.

But after a series of encounters with witches, wolves, goblins, and trolls alike, getting back home is going to be harder than they thought.

First of all the cover is absolutely beautiful, the colors are so vibrant. When you open the book there's a map, how cool it is right. This for sure is one of my favorite cover of all time. The book is marked as children book but the story can still capture your heart even though you are no longer a kid.  But keep in mind that since this book is for children, the adventure is more like a relaxing trip, no intense feeling at all. For me it's like a quick, light read. Still, reading this book reminded me how much I love fairy tale and no matter how old I am, I still enjoy reading fairy tale. The world of fairy tale is so magical, so breath taking and if you know me you will know that I have a weak spot for thing that has the magic word " fairy tale".

I think this book is a great escape from this busy world, a little vacation that doesn't cost you a fortune but still can give you a great experience. The story started off a little bit slow but it got better when the twin began their scavenger hunt  in the land of stories. I had a great time reading this book, so much enjoyable and so funny too. I laughed every time Corner spoke, gosh this kid has a great sense of humor for the age of 12. Also this book gave me a great chance to know about what happened after the happy ever after. I was really excited because I felt like a tour to the backstage, to look at what happened behind the curtain.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...