Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon #1) by Alison Goodman


Author Info: website
Release Date: December 26th 2008
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Pages: 531
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★★
Eon has been studying the ancient art of Dragon Magic for four years, hoping he'll be able to apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune. But he also has a dark secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been living a dangerous lie for the chance to become a Dragon-eye, the human link to an energy dragon's power. It is forbidden for females to practice the Dragon Magic and, if discovered, Eon faces a terrible death. After a dazzling sword ceremony, Eon's affinity with the twelve dragons catapults him into the treacherous world of the Imperial court, where he makes a powerful enemy, Lord Ido. As tension builds and Eon's desperate lie comes to light, readers won't be able to stop turning the pages

                                       
I have no word, this book is simply brilliant. I love everything about it (the characters, the world it created). It'd made me speechless. Such an incredible story and a stunning world building and badass characters. I may be a little bit rambling on why I have such a strong love feeling toward this book so if you don't want to then you can stop here.

I had a really bad mood lately (life got in the way you know) and could not getting into reading. I don't know if it is just me or every readers feel the same way but if I do not feel anything (connect to the characters, or feel like I m in the book) then I will not continue reading that book. I don't want to read something just for the sake of reading, I want to read something enjoyable, to have the FEEL of it. So I was kind of devastated because I couldn't find anything that could hold my interest. Then this book came along and the amazing storyline had just blew my mind. I was on the edge the whole time reading and sometimes I even found myself holding my breath. It's really ....WOW ...and this book sure did swim into one of my favorite of the year. The story flows smoothly and Eon is such a strong character. The book was written so beautiful that I could imagine everything in my head like I actually was there.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...