Thursday, September 18, 2014

Review: Virgin by Radhika Sanghani

Publication Date: August 5th 2014
Series: Berkley Trade
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★½

GR
Okay, I admit it…I didn’t do it.

Yet.

This is normal, right?  I mean, just because everyone I know has talked like they’ve already done it doesn’t mean that they’re telling the truth…right?

It’s not like I’m asking for that much. I don’t need the perfect guy. I don’t need candlelight or roses. Honestly, I don’t even need a real bed.

The guys I know complain that girls are always looking for Mr. Right—do I have to wear a sign that says I’m only looking for Mr. Right Now?

Sooooo…anyone out there want sex? Anyone? Hello? Just for fun?

I am not going to die a virgin. One way or another I am going to make this happen.

Hey, what have I got to lose? Besides the obvious.


"The guys I know complain that girls are always looking for Mr. Right—do I have to wear a sign that says I’m only looking for Mr. Right Now?"

I wasn't going to read this book because I thought it would be another cheesy book (losing virginity and join the other side). One look from the cover and I was like nope, not again. However the line above completely changed my mind . And sure this book was hell out of fun. I just couldn't stop laughing. It sounded like I was taking pleasuring in the suffering from others. Yup, I did laugh, many times indeed. Now that as I was writing this review, man, should I have felt bad for Ellie? Well, I didn't know because I was so busy laughing. A few example of Ellie's thoughts

"WHAT?!" I screeched. "You're gay? And you just kissed me? Why? Oh my God. Have I turned you?"

"The rumor about boys finding virgins sexy was LIE...Men didn't think, Oh yes! Here's a virgin. Let's shag her! They thought, Oh, not a virgin. She's going to want candles and shit. Maybe I'll just find a non virgin instead...I didn't event want candles." 

It was a light read but still really informative. And I really appreciated the fact that this book is really honest about virginity (wax or not? is it enough? how exactly to do that, in detail please? what, is it normal?) Virgin is incredible hilarious yet so useful, especially for teens. Even though I didn't give it 5 stars, I still enjoyed reading Virgin a lot and definitely would recommend it. Just keep in mind that Virgin is not a book about fluffy romance and everything about love is not so glamorous or magical.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...