Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review: The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson

Publication Date:Aug. 27th 2013 
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Pages: 448
Series: Fire and Thorns #3
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★
GR
The epic conclusion to Rae Carson's Fire and Thorns trilogy. The seventeen-year-old sorcerer-queen will travel into the unknown realm of the enemy to win back her true love, save her country, and uncover the final secrets of her destiny.

Elisa is a fugitive in her own country. Her enemies have stolen the man she loves in order to lure her to the gate of darkness. As she and her daring companions take one last quest into unknown enemy territory to save Hector, Elisa will face hardships she's never imagined. And she will discover secrets about herself and her world that could change the course of history. She must rise up as champion-a champion to those who have hated her most.

If you've not read this trilogy yet, do it. I loved this book so much and it's such a bittersweet feeling when I reached the last page. I don't want it to end, I don't want to say goodbye to Elisa or Hector. They've grown so much on me that it's just sad when I'm no longer part of their journey. And the ending, I couldn't stop my happy tears. Such a happy ending!!!

The Bitter Kingdom picked up where The Crown of Embers left off and dived right back into action. I liked it like that since I still remember what happened in the last book. This book has a little bit of everything guys. Romance that will make you grinning like crazy and sometimes you have to fan yourself because Hector and Elisa are the cutest couple I've ever read. Adventure that will keep you on your toes because it's action packed constantly. The world building is fantastic. You will have a chance to see the world of Elisa's enemy. How it is different from her country and her birth country. The characters, oh I loved them all. This book changed my mind about Storm. I mean now I found him somewhat adorable.

Overall, this is such an amazing book. An epic finale I must say. So highly recommend =)

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...