Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Review: Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier

Publication Date: Oct. 8th 2013
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co
Pages: 464
Series: Ruby Red Trilogy #3
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★
GR
Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is.
She’s only recently learned that she is the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve, and since then nothing has been going right. She suspects the founder of the Circle, Count Saint-German, is up to something nefarious, but nobody will believe her. And she’s just learned that her charming time-traveling partner, Gideon, has probably been using her all along.
This stunning conclusion picks up where Sapphire Blue left off, reaching new heights of intrigue and romance as Gwen finally uncovers the secrets of the time-traveling society and learns her fate.


Like everyone who read the trilogy and said that this series is better as a standalone or maybe a duology but a trilogy, it's not a good idea---> I completely agree!!!

I binge read this series so the first few chapters of Sapphire Blue and Emerald Green bored me to death. Nothing happened!!! I really didn't need to know what the building looked like again or who was who and described it in detail to make matters worse 0_0

Ok back to the story, I liked the plot a lot. It's enjoyable with all its mysteries and time travel thing. And yes at the end, everything is out in the open. I had all the answers I wanted. I didn't like Gwen much in the second book and this book just made me to realize that I'm officially not a fan of Gwen. Her actions and her love for Gideon are---let's just say I lost my respect for her every time she's near Gideon or thinks about him or talks to him. You don't know how much I wished Lesly were the main character instead of Gwen. She's smart and funny. Lesly and Xemerius are my favorite characters. They made me laugh like crazy. After this book to my surprise I didn't hate Gideon as much as I did in the first two.

My final thought was that overall it's not that bad. I did enjoy the plot, the back and forth between the past and the present (the crazy hairstyle, the giant dress ---> how it's changed through time). A really nice different experience I must say. So my final thought was that this series was indeed a good read =)

PS: Do you like the bookplate? I just put the German covers of this series together because they're just so pretty.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...