Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review: Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young

Publication Date: August 27th 2013 
Publisher:  Simon Pulse
Pages: 304
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★★

GR
Caroline is at a crossroads. Her grandmother is sick, maybe dying. Like the rest of her family, Caroline's been at Gram's bedside since her stroke. With the pressure building, all Caroline wants to do is escape--both her family and the reality of Gram's failing health. So when Caroline's best friend offers to take her to a party one fateful Friday night, she must choose: stay by Gram's side, or go to the party and live her life.

The consequence of this one decision will split Caroline's fate into two separate paths--and she's about to live them both.

Friendships are tested and family drama hits an all-new high as Caroline attempts to rebuild old relationships, and even make a few new ones. If she stays, her longtime crush, Joel, might finally notice her, but if she goes, Chris, the charming college boy, might prove to be everything she's ever wanted.

Though there are two distinct ways for her fate to unfold, there is only one happy ending...

I picked this book because I was intrigued by the title.  And I went in with no expectation or even knew what the story was really about. Even though I kind of guessed by the description on the cover 'One decision, two paths' that this book is about the choice that will change your life forever. And I don't know if it was because I went in blind but I think this book is absolutely beautiful written. It will make you wonder about 'what if', how life would be different if you've picked the other way around. But then you know what, 'just like fate' no matter what roads you've taken, at the end things will fall into places and you will end up the same. If that person is your destiny, you will for sure meet him/her one way or another. Fate will help you guys cross each other's paths.

The romance is so so good (I won't tell which one because it will spoil the story) but when you read it, I'm sure you can feel it, which one Joel or Chris is the right one for Caroline. And don't worries you will get it because there are so many hints in this book to let you know which relationship will work. The bottom line is if you and your boyfriend can't even have anything to talk about, I mean if you guys can't even break the silence or that person never gets or laughs at any of your jokes, well you know that's the red flag right there. You should feel like you guys will never run out of thing to talk about or at least on the same page to make relationship to work.

I really like Gram's advice for Caroline, she is so lucky. I just wish someone could tell me this...

"Be careful who you love...Never let them take too much. Never let them take what's you."

Anyway since this book has two different stories/paths, to be honest I was a little bit worried about the ending, how things will wrap up but the ending is just perfect. It ends so well and I feel completely satisfied =)

Overall read this book guys, I'm highly recommended it. And guys you can read this book for free till this Friday (9/20) at  http://www.pulseit.com/just-like-fate isn't it cool? =)

Some of my favorites quotes:

"You know what they say. You have to kiss a lot of frogs to meet your prince."

"Try to make good choices, but when you make a bad one. Learn from it and move on."

"We have freedom to make mistakes. I'm saying thst our mistakes---one mistake or many of them--- don't define us. They don't derail us. We end up where we need to be in the end. But hopefully having learned something from our stumbles...having grown into better people because of them."


On the side note: I just found my new book crush. 'He' is so funny and charming and I can't stop giggling like a dork >.< Oh boy why 'He' has to be a fiction character =( You will know who he is when you read the book because if I tell you the name right now you will somehow guess the ending.


No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...