Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Publication Date:  May 1st 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages:  453
Series:  The Sweet Trilogy #1
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★★

GR

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

I was in the mood for some angel/nephilism books when I picked this one up. And to my surprise, this book was from perspective of demon how awesome was that. I've read a lot of angel books so I can say that I'm pretty familiar with all the rules between angel and demon. And I thought that rule was standard for all the fallen angels but I didn't know that the demons have their own set of rules and punishments and there are some good demons too.

Sweet Evil is pretty fast paced and enjoyable. The demons here they called themselves "duke", such a fancy way to call themselves like royalty. So you can guess that they are not scary, crazy yes but that's much it. When I read from an angel's perceptive, the demon always is kind of creepy and pure evil. However the "evil" here in this book means that they like crime so just think of them as gangsters but have super power and influence on other people. This book will give you an insight of how demon treats their own neph (even they are demons can that mean they are bad parent?) and how the neph live up to their father's evilness (are they evil at heart or what?) ---> Such an interesting concept don't you think?

Anyway I had a fun time reading this book ( I don't really know why but I found the way the dukes talk and act is kind of hilarious). Anna and Kaiden's moments were so cute and sweet that made me giggling like a crazy person. And the twin awww they are so likeable especially Ginger. So pick this book up guys because you are in for a treat =)

 Here's a little bonus for you guys
 

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...