Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Publication Date: April 19th 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages:  293
Series: Goddess Test #1
Source: Purchased
Rating:
 ★★★½

GR

Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
If she fails...

One thing you should know about me is that I am obsessed with Greek Mythology, a hardcore fan. So I was super excited to read this book and I had a really high hope for this one. It's retelling of Hades and Persephone, so of course yes please. However I was kind of sad that I didn't love it like I thought I would. It was a good read but I'm just not crazy in love with it you know =/ And I didn't feel like the story started until Kate moved to the mansion and decided to take the test.

Ohh and while we are on the subject of the test, I just want to mention that the test is just, I don't know, feels weird you know. On one hand it is indeed a good test to see if Kate should be the queen of the underworld but on the other hand the test is the seven sins of Christian. And this book is about Greek Myth, maybe it's just me but I just cannot mix Greek Myth and Christian together 0-o

Besides that, everything else is OK. The story is more about killer mystery than about the Olympian Gods. I kept wondering who was the killer and why he/she did it as I was reading it. I couldn't guess at all and I had a major shock at the end when the council was revealed. I still have some questions though but I guess the next book will answer it I hope. The romance between Hades and Kate, I don't feel it yet though. I know that Kate is totally falling in love with Henry but about Henry I am not sure. My instincts told me that he still has feeling for Persephone and it will hurt the relationship between Kate and Hades later on. Fingers crossed and hope I'm wrong =X

So would I recommend it? Yes because it's indeed a good read though =)




No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...