Monday, July 15, 2013

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Publication Date:  March 27th 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304
Series: Goddess Test #2
Source: Purchased

Rating:
 ★★★★ 

GR
Kate Winters has won immortality.
But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.
As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.
Henry's first wife, Persephone.

Ooh the Goddess Interrupted really surprised me. After the Goddess Test, I didn't have any more expectation in case I would be disappointed. So I just cannot believe that this happened, the book is actually getting better =)

I dislike Persephone. I am not surprised since she is never my favorite but this book made me kind of "hate" her. I know hate is the strong word however I cannot help it. First she dumped Hades for the one she proclaimed that she cannot live without, her one and true love. Now she has to be that selfish to jump into Kate's relationship. Yes I know that she explained why she did it but still hello it's not enough besides there is other way. She didn't have to choose that way you know. I really have enough of Persephone. And you know what Hades was not any better, I'm just saying he was way to delusional to think that Persephone ever has any feeling for him. And I'm glad that he realized what Kate is for him but I'm not really convinced.  Their time together is not long and there is so many trouble right now so I don't know. I just hope they will be fine in the future and please this time please have some trust toward each other. Ok? I'm sorry that I rant on and on about Persephone-Hades-Kate but I just have to get it out of me. 

Besides the whole relationship thingie, the trip to the underworld is nice. I thought it would be a scary place. But somewhat I felt like the only thing that place is called hell is because there is no sun in there, totally dark and no happy thing. I don't know what exactly I was looking for but I guess if there is no happiness then that place is certified as hell. I don't know what else to say without spoiling everything so I guess I will conclude with this. One thing you should know is that there will be a lot of twists and you will be surprised and those Gods are just plain crazy 0-o

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...