Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: The Elite by Kiera Cass

Publication Date: April 23rd 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 323
Series: The Selection #2
Source: Purchased

Rating:
 ★★★★★

GR
The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


UGH I can't believe it. The ending is OMG.  I feel SO FRUSTRATED. I thought I have everything clear. After the Selection I thought Maxon likes Amer but this book made me wonder, is he just acting? I feel like it's all just a game to him. How can he like Amer and also as the same time he admitted he has a crush on other girl "OUCH". Seriously!!!! Ohh the king, I didn't know he's an ass****. The way he treated his own son is terrible, no wonder Maxon is like that.

Some of you may said that it's America's fault because she was not clear of what she wanted. But really can you blame her? It's not simply like "choose Maxon and be his wife". There is more to it you know. That means she'd choose to live in the palace, to be bound by the rule/tradition and have to turn a blind eye to unfair things. Also I know that Amer didn't think through and did some stupid things that pushed Maxon far away from her.  But really, she was confused and of course the whole situation was confusing. Even I have no idea if Maxon is worth the trouble so really I cannot blame Amer. And I'm not worried when Amer sometimes ran to Aspen for comfort because I didn't see any spark between them. Maxon in this book irritated me a lot. He changed his heart so easily and it seems to me that he cannot decide what he wants either.  The conversation between Amer and the king made me really worry about what will come later on.

Now that Amer knows what she wants and look what happened, her heart is crushed =/ It's so scary to put your heart out there like that, be so vulnerable and can easily get hurt. I think if I was Amer, I don't think I have the courage to stay and fight for Maxon. What if she stays and figures out all was an illusion. What will happen to Amer now that she loves Maxon and find out the feeling is not mutual. I cannot wait for the third book "The One" to know who she'd end up with.



No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...