Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: The Rules by Stacey Kade

Publication Date: April 23rd 2013
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Pages: 416
Series: Project Paper Doll #1
Source: #LBBA via
Rating: ★★★★

GR
1. Never trust anyone.

2. Remember they are always searching.

3. Don’t get involved.

4. Keep your head down.

5. Don’t fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans in a small Wisconsin town, to hide in plain sight at her high school from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…


 What do you think when the word "alien" is mentioned. I don't know about you but for me it's  freaking awesome. This book is a page turner, I couldn't put it down and I wanted to know what happened next. I enjoyed both Ariane and Zane POVs but maybe a little bit more for Zane. He's just so interesting and  I just loved getting into Zane's mind. He had made me laugh multiple times when he was around Ariane because he's just so sweet and genuine. As for Ariane, she sometimes annoyed me. I meant occasionally she's so careless and did thing that I just couldn't believe. I was so shocked when she used her power a few times in front of a crowd (cafeteria, at the party and when there's camera everywhere...seriously? she should know better than anyone to risk her safety like that).

The chemistry between Zane and Ariane made my insides up side down. I didn't feel rush or anything because it just clicked and felt so nature. I wanted to give Ariane a hug because of all those terrible things that she had gone through in the past and because of what Jenna did to her. I hate Jenna even more than Rachel. She is just a **** and unbelievable rude. The only problem I had with this book is the high school drama.  And I worried so much that this book would revolve around the high school drama only but I was so glad that it was not. This book had a lot of twists at the end that I did not expect it at all.

 Final thought: it's a pleasant read and I am so happy that the plot is intriguing enough to help me pass through those drama parts. Also thanks to its fast paced, those drama parts did not really bother me much. And I definitely read the second book because with the ending like that I am so curious about what is going to happen next.

4 comments :

  1. I've been dying to read this book! It sounds so good! Love your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I am sure you will like it =)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful review! My only question is, Who is Rachel?
    It irks me too when characters make blatantly obvious mistakes.
    So interested to read this to discover the ending you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rachel is Zane's childhood friend...the pretty, popular, mean type of girl in high school you know.

      Delete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...