Sunday, May 12, 2013

Review: Also Known As by Robin Benway

Publication Date: Feb 26th 2013
Publisher: Bloomsbury Juvenile US
Pages: 352
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★
Series: Also Known As #1
GR

Being a 16-year-old safecracker and active-duty daughter of international spies has its moments, good and bad. Pros: Seeing the world one crime-solving adventure at a time. Having parents with super cool jobs. Cons: Never staying in one place long enough to have friends or a boyfriend. But for Maggie Silver, the biggest perk of all has been avoiding high school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations.

Then Maggie and her parents are sent to New York for her first solo assignment, and all of that changes. She'll need to attend a private school, avoid the temptation to hack the school's security system, and befriend one aggravatingly cute Jesse Oliver to gain the essential information she needs to crack the case . . . all while trying not to blow her cover.



This is my first time reading a spy book so I was getting my hope a little bit too high. I thought it would be all action packed, secrets revealed and had a lot of funny awkward moments. And yes indeed the book had all that but not to the extreme you know. It's just a quick light read and it's really fast paced that will take you no time to breeze through. The setting is in New York, that's a plus. I adore that city and to read about the private school uniform, the streets, the parks, the tourists, the traffic it's just like the show Gossip Girl.

Maggie is a little bit too dramatic for my taste. Maybe it's because Maggie was under a lot of pressures and responsibilities and on top of that being a teenager and going through High school. I totally got that but still she is a spy and not just a newbie. She was born in the spy family so at least she should be more, I don't know like be more calm. I love Roux though. She is just funny, I laughed every time she spoke. She is a great friend and yes a little bit over top but I don't know I just loved her more and Maggie was just somehow annoying me. Jesse, awww he is really sweet guy and a dork. I knew right away that he just made up that bad boy, brat image. The love interest between Maggie and Jesse is cute and adorable.

Anyway I had a really good time reading Also Known As. This book is a perfect summer read ( light, fast paced, hilarious and cute romance what more do you want right?).

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...