Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Publication Date: October 23rd 2012Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages: 544
Series: Mara Dyer #2
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★★
GR

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


I finished this book last night and I could not write a review for it right away. I was left in shock at the last chapter and I needed some time to gather my thoughts since it's just overwhelming.

 First of all I wanted to say that I love this cover. It's just simply amazing, the color, the typography, everything fitted perfectly. And not to mention that this cover matched the first book's cover (and the third book too) isn't it awesome? I like it when the books in the series matched each other because it would look so nice on the shelves and you can also feel "the togetherness".

Aright let talk about how craziness this book is ( and I meant it in a good way though). The whole time while reading it, I kept thinking "OMG what just happened,  which one was real. " You guys can guess that this book will put you through a maze and one minute you thought you knew what was going on, the next minute you was completely lost. This book was full of mystery and as I turned a page, I kept getting surprised.  I could not find the answer, everything was  a blur. It's just so hard to figure out who exactly Mara is and is it even her real name? The last few chapters had me speechless, it's totally a cliff hanger. I want to know more, I want to have the answer to all this madness. I hope the third book which also is the last book will conclude everything and I hope *cross my fingers* that there will be a happy ending.

So should you read this book? YES YES go read it =)

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...