Thursday, March 14, 2013

Review: Eona by Alison Goodman

Release Date: April 19th 2011
Publisher: VIKING by Penguin Group
Pages: 637 
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★★
Series: Eon #2
Eon has been revealed as Eona, the first female Dragoneye in hundreds of years. Along with fellow rebels Ryko and Lady Dela, she is on the run from High Lord Sethon's army. The renegades are on a quest for the black folio, stolen by the drug-riddled Dillon; they must also find Kygo, the young Pearl Emperor, who needs Eona's power and the black folio if he is to wrest back his throne from the selfstyled "Emperor" Sethon. Through it all, Eona must come to terms with her new Dragoneye identity and power - and learn to bear the anguish of the ten dragons whose Dragoneyes were murdered. As they focus their power through her, she becomes a dangerous conduit for their plans. . . .

Eona, with its pulse-pounding drama and romance, its unforgettable fight scenes, and its surprises, is the conclusion to an epic only Alison Goodman could create


                                   
 While editing my blog, I just found out that I completely forgot to review this book =X I read this last year right after reading Eon and for some reasons I did not post a review for it. Ok no more excuse, let's talk about this book shall we?

This is the last book in the Eon dualogy. The story continued where it's left off in the first book and if I remember correctly there was no recap. So if you don't plan to read this right after Eon you may want to quick read (skimming) the first book to refesh your memory of what happened. Because the story moved really quick and you want to enjoy it to the fullish right. 

Alison had created a fantastic world building, it's like the world came alive when you read. Eona (it's her real name) was a badass character in Eon but in this book she became somewhat weak and a little bit emotional. I understand that maybe now that she did not need to hide her identity, she became more girly but I like it more when she was strong and determined. This book had some romances which did not have in the first book. And it totally caught me of guard about who Eona was involved with (a little bit triangle love here but not really love triangle because you can pretty much guess who she liked)

In general I love this book, eventhough I wish the ending was somewhat different. The ending now was kind of open and can be added more to it. I want a happy ending for everyone but I guess if it did happen it would be realistic. So check this series out guy I promise you will not be disappointed. 

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...