Monday, February 25, 2013

Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin















First let us take a minute to admire the beautiful cover and the gorgeous typography. Yes it is indeed  a  typical YA girl in dress with a guy but this one somehow is different, mysterious.  I admitted the cover had draw me in before I even read the synopsis. But how can I resist such a breathtaking cover like that, the gesture, the way things are placed and the simple yet stand out typography. At first I thought this book was about mermaid because of the underwater there but it has nothing to do with it. The water has a another meaning: things are unclear and they try to figure it out and reach the light of all their questions.
One of many reasons why I adore this book is I was kept in the dark and could not predict anything at all. Oh wait let me back up a little bit: I did know that Noah interested in Mara but was it love or was it something else? I had no idea. Noah is such a sweet talker and the way he cares about Mara is just so sweet. He'd made the list to be my new fiction crush. Mara is a strong character too, yup she does seem crazy but that totally understandable.

The story flows so smoothly and so captivated that I kept reading and forgot about the time. I seem to have trouble gathering my thought to let you know how wonderful this book is. Seriously but it happened to me a few times before too. I want to let you know if the book is worth reading or not but do not want to go into much details or repeat the synopsis. I just do not want to spoil the fun/excitement of not knowing and the surprise as you turn on the next page. So trust me in this, pick up this book and read it. You will know how great the book is.

After reading this book, I recommend you read Noah and Mara's first meeting from Noah's POV on the author's blog (click here) before you read the sequel.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...