Friday, September 28, 2012

Review: The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger




Release Date:  September 7th 2010
Publisher: Little Brown/Poppy
Pages: 280
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★
 Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him.  Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.



This was written by my favorite author and since it's her first book, I thought I was going to love it right away. But I was disappointed, this book was so shallow. The plot sounded so interesting, so promising (friends with benefit-- thought it was going to be funny, cheesy) but how come I felt so bored reading it. Bianca, the main character, ohgosh she is just so stupid and so insecure about herself so much to the point that annoyed me. I was screaming inside the whole time reading this book: Grow up girl nothing in the world is perfect, get it. I like Wesley though and that's the only reason that I kept reading and finished it instead of  throwing it away.  

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...