Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger


Author Info: website
Release Date: June 5th 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Pages: 304
Source: Purchased
Rating: ★★★★★

Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorcé dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. 
The fiancée's son?
Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. 
Just freakin' great. Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.

Filled with authenticity and raw emotion, Whitley is Kody Keplinger's most compelling character to date: a cynical Holden Caulfield-esque girl you will wholly care about.

I've never read anything from Kody Keplinger before but I have heard a lot of good things about her book (DUFF). So I decided to try reading her newest book A midsummer's nightmare and what can I say this book is totally awesome. The story is about teenager dealing with  "Parent's divorce" but instead be so dramatic it's just so enjoyable. The character (Nathan) is just so sweet, I would fall for him too. I know it's weird to fall for your step brother but in this case this is an exception. Whitney did not know Nathan would be her stepbro and when the feeling was formed it was hard to go back to normal.

I read this in one sitting,  this book is really a page turner. I couldn't put the book down once I started reading and I didn't want the book to end either. This for sure will be one of my all time favorite book. I almost forgot to mention that the romance between Nat and Wit does make you feel butterfly in the stomach and on the edge the whole time. So check this book out if you want a quick, enjoyable summer read. And I for sure will check out Keplinger other book too, it's just hard for me to have this much enjoyment when reading YA contemporary.

No comments :

I LOVE to hear from you so don't be shy and speak your mind =)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...